HEY! - - THANKS FOR VISITING - - YOU CAN CHECK OUT ALL THE LATEST POSTS, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW...

Scroll through the most recent FFYW entries below, or hit a menu button above to see everything by subject

17.5.12

Beautiful Ballgowns: V&A's British Glamour Since 1950 Exhibition Is Not To Be Missed


By now I'm sure you've all heard about the incredible Ballgowns exhibition which opens at the V&A this Saturday and seen all the twitpics of exquisite frocks from the likes of Giles Deacon, Ossie Clark, Marchesa and Gareth Pugh.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone post images of my favourite from the exhibition though which is this phenomenal silk satin Cindy Beadman number pictured here with matching jacket from the late 1970s. I appreciate the way she's combined evening chic with a snuggly, quilted style that doesn't look out of place today.  In fact, I wish I had this outfit so badly so I could wear it with these shoes.

With over sixty showstopping looks designed for the likes of balls, society and red carpet events, I can't recommend this stunning exhibition highly enough; the wonderful collection catalogues the rise of glamorous formal wear and charts its social influences - do stop and watch the old films showing early society girl catwalks which are projected onto the white walls of the exhibit's inner circle. It's more than worth a tenner of anyone's money.  

Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950 at the Victoria and Albert Museum, 19th May 2012 - 6th January 2013 - for more information and to book tickets visit: www.vam.ac.uk