HEY! - - THANKS FOR VISITING - - YOU CAN CHECK OUT ALL THE LATEST POSTS, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW...

Scroll through the most recent FFYW entries below, or hit a menu button above to see everything by subject

6.10.11

LUNCHTIME LOVE FOR STARBUCKS' NEW BISTRO BOXES


OK so this is a bit random given it’s not about fashion, footwear or fancy products but it impressed me so I figured it was worth a mention.  Starbucks has just launched its new lunch menu which includes some brilliant new Bistro Boxes.  As a non-fish-eating veggie who's generally tied to her desk, I’m finding it increasingly hard to find any decent, healthy takeout food from the big chains given they generally only have one purely vegetarian salad option which, in my experience, often sells out.  This morning as I was feeding my Frappuccino habit I spotted these bento style lunch boxes and was delighted to see that there are TWO veggie-friendly choices – Falafel Mezze and Cheese & Oat Cake.  Billed as 'a fresh assortment of deliciously wholesome meals and snacks' the other boxes on offer included Cured Ham Hock, Chicken and Rice Noodle, and Antipasti.


Whilst salivating at the little cheese platter, I chose the lighter falafel option (£3.95 to take out) and it was great!  Two fresh puffy white mini pittas, some delicious tzatziki, moist mini falafel and tabblouleh that comes with kalamata olives and what are hilariously described as ‘suntouched tomatoes’ – I’m guessing some trademark issue with the more commonly used phrase of ‘sunblushed’ – were accompanied by a tomato and cucumber salad which, being a cucumber dodger I left but was pleased to see it packaged separately so it didn’t pollute the rest of my lunch or make it all slimy.  Admittedly it’s not the best breath choice given all the garlic and if you have any meetings planned I’d advise caution, or at least some mints, but it was a great alternative to what is becoming a monotonous lunchtime routine for me involving some sort of claggy pasta salad or Boots’ depressing veggie sushi. 

Leon, Tortilla, Itsu, Chipotle – please hurry up and expand.  Us veggies need you!  But at least now we have another option in the meantime.  Visit www.starbucks.co.uk for more information on Bistro Boxes and their other food offerings - helpfully they also include full nutritional information, something other brands should catch on to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's super cool to hear from readers but please try and keep it clean and constructive, people...